• 660 Newbie  ‐    9

Offline J-G

• 660 Newbie
    • City / Town: Hudson
    Re: Alloy levers
    Reply #40 on: Sep 10, 2022, 01.47 pm
    Sep 10, 2022, 01.47 pm
    *Originally Posted by compuaide [+]
    Don't ask me WHY I know but these are inexpensive replacements that also are very adjustable. 1 for 1 replacement on the 2022 Tiger Sport 660.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0971MR68G/ref=cfb_at_prodpg?th=1

Hmm, listing Q&A states doesn't fit Trident 660, which leads me to believe they don't fit Tiger 660.
    Anyone have hands on experience with these?

• Offline J-G   us

• 660 Newbie  ‐    9

Offline J-G

• 660 Newbie
    Reply #41 on: Sep 20, 2022, 01.30 am
    Sep 20, 2022, 01.30 am
    *Originally Posted by fred_jb [+]
    Thanks for posting the part number.  I got one second hand via eBay for £25.  Looks like new. One tip for anyone fitting one of these - remember to push the clutch switch plunger in as you install it. This gets the plunger behind the actuating tab, otherwise you won't be able to get the mounting hole to line up!

Fred,
    Do you have Triumph hand guards?  Does the T2046041 lever contact the guard?

Thanks

• Offline Bansheeboy18   us

• 660 Member  ‐    13

Offline Bansheeboy18

• 660 Member
    • Bike: Tiger 660
    • City / Town: San Francisco
    Reply #42 on: Sep 20, 2022, 03.05 am
    Sep 20, 2022, 03.05 am
    *Originally Posted by J-G [+]
    Fred,

Thanks

In my experience, the hand guard bracket that mounts to the clutch perch will have slight contact with that lever.
    My solution was to loosen the hand guard bolt at the clutch perch(the single bolt that comes with the hand guard kit), readjust the position of the hand guard , and retighten the bolt.

• Online mustangpilot   nl

• 660 Pro  ‐    98

Online mustangpilot

• 660 Pro
    • Other bike 2020 Tiger Sport 1050
    • Bike: Tiger Sport 660
    • City / Town: Den Haag
    Reply #43 on: Sep 20, 2022, 09.23 am
    Sep 20, 2022, 09.23 am
    *Originally Posted by Bansheeboy18 [+]
    In my experience, the hand guard bracket that mounts to the clutch perch will have slight contact with that lever.
    My solution was to loosen the hand guard bolt at the clutch perch(the single bolt that comes with the hand guard kit), readjust the position of the hand guard , and retighten the bolt.
    :0461: so did I  :015:

• Online fred_jb   gb

• 660 Pro  ‐    135

Online fred_jb

• 660 Pro
    • City / Town: Loughborough
    Reply #44 on: Sep 21, 2022, 12.19 am
    Sep 21, 2022, 12.19 am
    Fred,

Thanks

Yes, I have the Triumph handguards.  From what I remember the handguard kit had some washers which needed to be fitted, and which might be important for the correct clearance. Also as others have said, you can loosen the bolt in the bar end and rotate the handguard slightly. The adjustable lever doesn't contact with the setting I use, but possibly would on the maximum setting. I will have a look at that tomorrow.
    Last Edit: Sep 21, 2022, 12.22 am by fred_jb

• Offline J-G   us

• 660 Newbie  ‐    9

Offline J-G

• 660 Newbie
    Reply #45 on: Sep 21, 2022, 01.02 am
    Sep 21, 2022, 01.02 am
    *Originally Posted by fred_jb [+]
    Yes, I have the Triumph handguards.  From what I remember the handguard kit had some washers which needed to be fitted, and which might be important for the correct clearance. Also as others have said, you can loosen the bolt in the bar end and rotate the handguard slightly. The adjustable lever doesn't contact with the setting I use, but possibly would on the maximum setting. I will have a look at that tomorrow.

Thanks for the info.   I'm quite sure I'll be using the minimum setting.

I also noticed the brake lever has 5 positions and it appears the clutch has 4.  Hoping the clutch lever will be as close to the bar as the brake lever is.

Also,  thanks to the others who replied.   Time to order the hand guards,  it is getting chilly.

• Online fred_jb   gb

• 660 Pro  ‐    135

Online fred_jb

• 660 Pro
    • City / Town: Loughborough
    Reply #46 on: Sep 21, 2022, 11.33 am
    Sep 21, 2022, 11.33 am
    Thanks for the info.   I'm quite sure I'll be using the minimum setting.

I also noticed the brake lever has 5 positions and it appears the clutch has 4.  Hoping the clutch lever will be as close to the bar as the brake lever is.

Also,  thanks to the others who replied.   Time to order the hand guards,  it is getting chilly.

Just checked my bike and there is no contact with the guard when the lever is in position 4, though I always have mine in position 1 anyway.

listing