Offline Condo

• 660 Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2023 Tiger Sport 660
    • City / Town: Mahwah NJ
    Corbin Seat
    on: Oct 13, 2023, 12.31 pm
    Oct 13, 2023, 12.31 pm
    Does anyone on the Forum have a Corbin Seat Installed on their TS660 ???
    I tried the Comfort Low and didn't like it. I stayed with the Stock seat but its not very good.
    I have the Triumph  Touring Seat on my T-Bird 1600 ABS 84,000 miles No Complaints

• Offline FezUSA   us

• 660 Member  ‐    20

Offline FezUSA

• 660 Member
    • Bike: Lucy Blue 660
    • City / Town: Hiram
    Re: Corbin Seat
    Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2023, 03.59 pm
    Oct 13, 2023, 03.59 pm
    On a TS660 FB group there's a member who just posted about his, and there's a few comments including once from another rider with a Corbin seat.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/334853667994078/permalink/687580606054714/

• Offline crzydmnd   us

• 660 Newbie  ‐    6

Offline crzydmnd

• 660 Newbie
    • Bike: Tiger Sport 660
    • City / Town: Houston, TX
    Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2023, 04.24 pm
    Oct 13, 2023, 04.24 pm
    I have a Corbin seat.  There was some discussion about it in this thread: https://www.tiger660.com/index.php?topic=564.10

Seat is very nice, it add a little bit of height compared to the stock seat.  It started out a little stiff and although Corbin suggests a 2000-mile break-in period.  For me it felt better after two or three rides (about 300 miles total).  It definitely feels better than the default seat now.

• Offline Condo   us

• 660 Member  ‐    21
    • Topic Author

Offline Condo

• 660 Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2023, 05.47 pm
    Oct 13, 2023, 05.47 pm
    Thanks for the feed back

• Offline BlueMagoo   us

• 660 Member  ‐    19

Offline BlueMagoo

• 660 Member
    • Bike: Tiger 660 Sport
    • City / Town: Iowa
    Corbin Seat - onto bike with luggage rack - wasn't too hard
    Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2023, 12.14 am
    Nov 12, 2023, 12.14 am
    I got a Corbin seat after seeing the pictures and comments from the trailblazers.  Much thanks to everyone who tried it out first!!    I ended up cutting into the seat.  I don't know if cutting out the interfering piece from the luggage rack matters, but it seems structural so I decided to leave it. Plus I will never get a backrest since the cargo box will do that.  I must say that even cutting away that part of the seat (back rest hardware insert part) the seat did not perfectly fit.   I also had to add 3 thin washers under each screw of the seat latch on the bike to get it to catch the seat.

I used a dremmel like tool to cut out the back of seat to make room for the luggage rack cross bar.  I hand filed it all smoother than in these pics, but basically that it what it looks like.   The plastic cuts easily, but then you will hit the square metal tube.  That is tough steel, but the dremmel still makes easy work of it. It took me 2 cutting wheels to get the piece cut out. I tried to cut it deep enough to be about flush with the rubber pads.  That is more than should be necessary.  It dropped right in place.  My only real trouble was the high centering right at the latch. A torx 30  screw driver takes out the bike's latch and I put tape around the edge of 3 thin washers and put them in under the latch. (I dropped the first washer down into the abyss on my first try). The seat snaps right in with less force that the original.

I suggest putting towels over everything you don't want hit by sparks or covered in dust.  The plastic turns to a fine dust.  I think it is fiberglass in nylon. Also wear a dust mask.
    The metal part:

Rough cut before filing:

I popped out the rubber pads by the seat latch with a screw driver, then hammered the rivets down.  I know the other person wrote they drilled out the rivets.  This was quick and easy.  I even got the second rubber out without damaging it.

The passenger seat is slightly above the bike frame.  Small gap under it. The seat high centers between the rider/passenger parts.   I can't tell where, but the rider seat part is very sturdily attached so I am not worried about it yet.  (2 guesses: the shape of the seat base pan has divits to rest above/on bolts on the sides of the bike right there and might not be shaped shallow enough/  or the angled sides by the seat's latch piece are catching the edges of the luggage rack bars right there.)  Either way I hope with time the plastic will warp to fit.

About 2 hours total  looks good to me

I went with these options and I think it came out looking just like the simulation on Corbin's website.  The pan underneath was a little beat up, but nobody will ever see that.
     https://u.digitaldraping.com/nlvdz   

I haven't ridden it yet, but I can tell it is more comfortable than the original just by sitting on it.
    Last Edit: Nov 12, 2023, 12.17 am by BlueMagoo

• Offline Whippet   us

• 660 Newbie  ‐    8

Offline Whippet

• 660 Newbie
    Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2023, 11.11 pm
    Nov 15, 2023, 11.11 pm
    So, I have about 2000 miles on my Corbin seat and I can say I'm not particularly happy with it. For reference, I'm 6'5 with a 36 inch inseam. I think because of that, they really made it tall. Plus I have to sit really far back on the seat which changes my reach to the bars. The best way I can describe it is like you're sitting on a very narrow ledge so that any movement forward causes your sit bones to fall off. This causes me to slide forward a lot on rough roads and also slide off of that ledge when putting my foot down at stops.

I've put the OEM seat back on for now and trying to decide what to do with it. If I send it back to Corbin to be adjusted, I'm probably looking at $100 for shipping and then I'm just hoping when I get it back I like it better. On the other hand, someone at the bike shop recommended a local place that does motorcycle seats and they'll actually have you come in, put the bike on a rack and then have you sit on it to plan our the adjustments to the OEM seat.

• Offline BlueMagoo   us

• 660 Member  ‐    19

Offline BlueMagoo

• 660 Member
    Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2023, 02.42 am
    Nov 17, 2023, 02.42 am
    So far done 1 hour.  Also not thrilled with the feel.  Mine is slanted forward so now I have ALL my weight on my hands.  It could have something to do with the high centering I noticed when installing it, but it is uncomfortable.  I was hoping it would get better with breaking in.   For me, the width seems ok and if I weren't being slid down towards the tank I think it would be good.   I'm going to see about softening the pan with a heat gun and pressing it down a little.  Or finding another point to file away. 
     This seats feels like it does a better job absorbing bumps compared to the original.

Not terribly thrilled about this one.   Now if you have a cruiser, Ultimate X seats are fantastic with no problems at all.

• Offline BlueMagoo   us

• 660 Member  ‐    19

Offline BlueMagoo

• 660 Member
    Reply #7 on: Nov 18, 2023, 04.50 pm
    Nov 18, 2023, 04.50 pm
    Update: the seat is not high centering on anything, it's just how the pan is shaped.   I painted all the bars white, and pushed the seat down.  No paint transfer to the seat.    It is just uncomfortable by design.    I was thinking about it.  If the foam softens up in time in the back, it will also soften in the front and still push me forward onto the handlebars. The original seat has me in pain after 2 hours continues riding. This seat has me tired in 30 min.

I would not recommend Corbin seat for this bike.   I wish I could have sat on this before ordering it. Could have saved 750 bucks.       Unless you like being pushed forward and down onto the handlebars, like a sport bike.  That's what it does. My gxr buds actually like that position....on their gxsr's.

• Offline Condo   us

• 660 Member  ‐    21
    • Topic Author

Offline Condo

• 660 Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2023, 07.28 pm
    Dec 06, 2023, 07.28 pm
    Since speaking with Corbin and being told that their Seat will not fit with the Top Box. I sent my Original Seat out to Sargent Seats in Jacksonville Florida.
    They use the stock the seat pan and add about 1 inch of foam to the existing seat. They will sculpt out the seating area and re-shape the seat, recover it and ship it back.
    I will get it back in about 3 weeks. I'll let everyone know how it works out.

• Offline John660   us

• 660 Newbie  ‐    11

Offline John660

• 660 Newbie
    • Bike: Tiger 660 sport
    • City / Town: Massachusetts
    Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2023, 02.07 am
    Dec 07, 2023, 02.07 am
    Thanks for the update, I exchanged multiple emails with Corbin this week trying to find out the seat height difference and the only thing the rep could tell me about the corbin seat was that he thought it looked 1.5 to 2 inches taller than the stock seat.

Corbin customer service is just basically people playing make believe.

Thanks again for the updates.

listing