Author resetting the service indicator  (Read 347 times)

• Offline bluebelly   gb

• 660 Newbie  ‐    7
    • Topic Author

Offline bluebelly

• 660 Newbie
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: triumph tiger 660
    • City / Town: warrington
    resetting the service indicator
    on: Jul 16, 2022, 09.25 pm
    Jul 16, 2022, 09.25 pm
    Hi how do i reset the service light is there a tool for resetting it and if so what type do i need for the tiger 660 i am in the UK or do i have to take it to a dealer to reset.

• Offline markjanemhan   ca

• 660 Pro  ‐    109

Offline markjanemhan

• 660 Pro
    • Bike: Tiger Sport 660
    • City / Town: Vancouver, BC
    Re: resetting the service indicator
    Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2022, 12.00 am
    Jul 17, 2022, 12.00 am

• Online fred_jb   gb

• 660 Pro  ‐    135

Online fred_jb

• 660 Pro
    • City / Town: Loughborough
    Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2022, 08.50 pm
    Jul 19, 2022, 08.50 pm
    Thanks for the link. I was also looking for a way to reset it, as infuriatingly it makes it impossible to get an odometer reading once the service indicator is active as it obscures the part of the display where the odometer appears.

I had been told that going over the 600 mile nominal mileage before the running in service I had booked would be OK as long I didn't exceed 1000 miles, but once it got past a certain mileage which I'm pretty sure wasn't exactly 600, it was no longer readable.

I wonder what genious programmed that - just when you most need the odometer to keep an eye on it to avoid going too far over the recommended service mileage, it gets obscured.

I also like to record the odometer reading on the receipt whenever I refuel and this time I had to rely on the figure in the My Triumph app, which I have no confidence in given the fantasy figures it gives for mpg where it usually says something like 23 mpg when my measured consumption is usually just under 60.

One thing I found frustrating with the TuneECU app was that although I could change the mileage to the next service I couldn't set the date for when it should be.  It seems to automatically change it to one year from when you do the reset, which is not very helpful if you want to specify a particular date as I did.
    Last Edit: Jul 19, 2022, 08.51 pm by fred_jb

• Online b534202   us

• 660 Newbie  ‐    8

Online b534202

• 660 Newbie
    • Bike: TS660 CB1000R
    Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2022, 10.51 pm
    Aug 12, 2022, 10.51 pm
    *Originally Posted by fred_jb [+]

One thing I found frustrating with the TuneECU app was that although I could change the mileage to the next service I couldn't set the date for when it should be.  It seems to automatically change it to one year from when you do the reset, which is not very helpful if you want to specify a particular date as I did.

I was able to choose a date within 1 year.  But if you want it to be more than a year, manually set the date on your phone to further in the future before you reset.

• Online fred_jb   gb

• 660 Pro  ‐    135

Online fred_jb

• 660 Pro
    • City / Town: Loughborough
    Reply #4 on: Aug 12, 2022, 11.37 pm
    Aug 12, 2022, 11.37 pm
    Thanks for the explanation, and I have also seen a YT video of someone doing this, and once they select the mileage a calendar then pops up to allow a date to be selected. Mine doesn't do this, just automatically sets the date one year on from the current click setting.

Maybe my software is not the latest, or possibly I am missing something in the menus, so will have another try at some point.

listing