Author Get your horn on!  (Read 1477 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline Shandy   gb

    • 660 Pro  ‐    306
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #10

    Offline Shandy

    • 660 Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 306
    • Bike: Tiger Sport 660 2022
    • City / Town: Bexley, Kent
    • Country: gb
    Re: Get your horn on!
    Reply #10 on: May 27, 2022, 01.51 am
    May 27, 2022, 01.51 am
    Next time you're in there, can you ask them why they only supply what amounts to not much more than a flimsy piece of tin as a so called mount please!  :112:


  • Offline fred_jb   gb

    • 660 Pro  ‐    168
    • ***
      #11

    Offline fred_jb

    • 660 Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 168
    • Bike: Tiger Sport 660
    • City / Town: Loughborough
    • Country: gb
    Re: Get your horn on!
    Reply #11 on: May 27, 2022, 12.16 pm
    May 27, 2022, 12.16 pm
    I have used the Denali Mini Soundbomb on previous bikes, but this time bought the Oxford Fog Horn which looks almost identical but was a lot cheaper.  I always fit these as an additional horn rather than replacing the OEM one as after market horns do sometimes fail prematurely. In this case I decided to not risk blowing the fuse in the horn circuit, so powered it from my accessories fuseblock, using a relay triggered by the OEM horn circuit.   I found it neatest for the wiring to fit the relay inside the left lower side panel as the horn wiring is accessible in there and there is just enough room at the top left corner. 

    Having the two horns, powered separately, means that there is redundancy in the case of failure, and gives a louder horn blast with a two tone effect. I mounted the horn by making a short bracket secured under the rear fixing of the frame protector (which is a pain to loosen because you have to remove the front section first to get at the bolt) and covered the bracket and silver rear surface of the horn with black electrical tape to make them less noticeable, but will take them off and paint black at some stage.








    Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 12.17 pm by fred_jb

  • Offline nixoid   us

    • 660 Member  ‐    46
    • **
      #12

    Offline nixoid

    • 660 Member
    • **
    • Posts: 46
    • Don't Read This
    • Bike: 660 Tiger
    • City / Town: Thomaston, CT
    • Country: us
    Re: Get your horn on!
    Reply #12 on: May 27, 2022, 01.54 pm
    May 27, 2022, 01.54 pm
    *Originally Posted by fred_jb [+]
    I have used the Denali Mini Soundbomb on previous bikes, but this time bought the Oxford Fog Horn which looks almost identical but was a lot cheaper.  I always fit these as an additional horn rather than replacing the OEM one as after market horns do sometimes fail prematurely. In this case I decided to not risk blowing the fuse in the horn circuit, so powered it from my accessories fuseblock, using a relay triggered by the OEM horn circuit.   I found it neatest for the wiring to fit the relay inside the left lower side panel as the horn wiring is accessible in there and there is just enough room at the top left corner. 

    Having the two horns, powered separately, means that there is redundancy in the case of failure, and gives a louder horn blast with a two tone effect. I mounted the horn by making a short bracket secured under the rear fixing of the frame protector (which is a pain to loosen because you have to remove the front section first to get at the bolt) and covered the bracket and silver rear surface of the horn with black electrical tape to make them less noticeable, but will take them off and paint black at some stage.


    Nice clean install and that was smart running a separate relay. What fuse block are you using and where did you put it?

    Kev

  • Offline nixoid   us

    • 660 Member  ‐    46
    • **
      #13

    Offline nixoid

    • 660 Member
    • **
    • Posts: 46
    • Don't Read This
    • Bike: 660 Tiger
    • City / Town: Thomaston, CT
    • Country: us
    Re: Get your horn on!
    Reply #13 on: May 27, 2022, 02.15 pm
    May 27, 2022, 02.15 pm
    Denali Horn mount and Sound Bomb installed. Should be available by the end of August. They haven't put it on the site as of this post but you can find it here when it becomes available: https://denalielectronics.com/pages/product-result?rq=gc_motorcycle~yr_2022~mk_triumph~md_tiger-sport-660

    Kev


    Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 02.16 pm by nixoid

  • Offline fred_jb   gb

    • 660 Pro  ‐    168
    • ***
      #14

    Offline fred_jb

    • 660 Pro
    • ***
    • Posts: 168
    • Bike: Tiger Sport 660
    • City / Town: Loughborough
    • Country: gb
    Re: Get your horn on!
    Reply #14 on: May 27, 2022, 03.54 pm
    May 27, 2022, 03.54 pm
    *Originally Posted by nixoid [+]
    Nice clean install and that was smart running a separate relay. What fuse block are you using and where did you put it?

    Kev

    Thanks Kev.  I've done a separate post about the fuseblock here: https://www.tiger660.com/index.php?topic=198.new#new

  • Offline DeepBlue   us

    • 660 Member  ‐    22
    • **
      #15

    Offline DeepBlue

    • 660 Member
    • **
    • Posts: 22
    • Country: us
    Re: Get your horn on!
    Reply #15 on: Sep 05, 2022, 07.02 pm
    Sep 05, 2022, 07.02 pm
    *Originally Posted by nixoid [+]
    Denali Horn mount and Sound Bomb installed. Should be available by the end of August. They haven't put it on the site as of this post but you can find it here when it becomes available: https://denalielectronics.com/pages/product-result?rq=gc_motorcycle~yr_2022~mk_triumph~md_tiger-sport-660

    Kev



    Looks nice and tidy but does it interfere with the frame protectors?  Where would be best to mount the split sound bomb horns?
    Last Edit: Sep 05, 2022, 07.04 pm by DeepBlue

  • Offline TexasTiger   us

    • 660 Newbie  ‐    8
    • *
      #16

    Offline TexasTiger

    • 660 Newbie
    • *
    • Posts: 8
    • Bike: 2022 T.S.660
    • City / Town: Houston, TX, USA
    • Country: us
    Re: Get your horn on!
    Reply #16 on: Sep 28, 2022, 04.37 pm
    Sep 28, 2022, 04.37 pm
    Just an FYI, I ordered the Denali SoundBomb horn and TTS660 mount bracket in early July.  They shipped the horn several weeks later, but I am still waiting for the mounting bracket.  I was just told that it will be mid-November at the earliest due to "supply chain" problems.  It is a metal bracket. And, now they are telling me I need to buy an additional wiring harness for the horn, when it did not say that in July when I ordered. Something is amiss at Denali Electronics, especially knowing that they took full payment when I ordered. Buyer beware!

  • Offline T1ger660   gb

    • 660 Member  ‐    31
    • **
      #17

    Offline T1ger660

    • 660 Member
    • **
    • Posts: 31
    • Bike: Tiger Sport 660
    • City / Town: Hampshire
    • Country: gb
    Re: Get your horn on!
    Reply #17 on: Oct 15, 2022, 09.09 pm
    Oct 15, 2022, 09.09 pm
    I've fitted the Denali horn without using the flimsy extension plates.  I've left the stock horn bracket in place and managed to get it bolted in okay.  I did bend the connector spades through about 90deg so i could get the connectors on.

    Sounds much better.


  • Offline nixoid   us

    • 660 Member  ‐    46
    • **
      #18

    Offline nixoid

    • 660 Member
    • **
    • Posts: 46
    • Don't Read This
    • Bike: 660 Tiger
    • City / Town: Thomaston, CT
    • Country: us
    Re: Get your horn on!
    Reply #18 on: Oct 15, 2022, 11.45 pm
    Oct 15, 2022, 11.45 pm
    *Originally Posted by TexasTiger [+]
    Just an FYI, I ordered the Denali SoundBomb horn and TTS660 mount bracket in early July.  They shipped the horn several weeks later, but I am still waiting for the mounting bracket.  I was just told that it will be mid-November at the earliest due to "supply chain" problems.  It is a metal bracket. And, now they are telling me I need to buy an additional wiring harness for the horn, when it did not say that in July when I ordered. Something is amiss at Denali Electronics, especially knowing that they took full payment when I ordered. Buyer beware!

    I used to work for them and they used my 660 for development. I agree the website doesn't do a great job of making sure you understand the need for a harness. That said, they are above board and the quality, fit, and function are there. I too have the horn (and harness) and am waiting on the bracket just like you. I already wired in the harness and test fired the horn. As remembered, the sucker is super loud. Be sure to test outdoors.

    Kev

  • Offline TexasTiger   us

    • 660 Newbie  ‐    8
    • *
      #19

    Offline TexasTiger

    • 660 Newbie
    • *
    • Posts: 8
    • Bike: 2022 T.S.660
    • City / Town: Houston, TX, USA
    • Country: us
    Re: Get your horn on!
    Reply #19 on: Nov 18, 2022, 05.21 pm
    Nov 18, 2022, 05.21 pm
    Follow-up on the Denali Soundbomb horn mount saga.  After further delays and failed target ship dates, I have now been told that the delay on the horn mount is 5-7 weeks longer from today's date (November 18).  I was also told I was the first to order the mount in July, so the comment on my order "Note: This item is backordered - items usually ship within 2-6 weeks" does not age well.  I don't know what is going on at Denali/VisionX, but their execution is poor at best.

     


    listing